Respected Santa Cruz Lawyers with 100 Years of Combined Experience
Experienced firm handles estate, property and civil litigation matters
Penrose Chun & Gorman LLP is a Santa Cruz area law firm providing quality legal advice and representation to a diverse group of clients. We offer comprehensive legal support in the areas of estate planning, probate and trust administration, estate and trust litigation, real property transactions and litigation as well as other types of civil litigation, including construction defect, personal injury and fire -related claims. Serving clients in Santa Cruz, Monterey, San Benito, and Santa Clara counties, our highly regarded California attorneys draw on more than 100 years of combined legal experience to help you accomplish your objectives.
Effective attorneys find innovative solutions for legal challenges
Since 2010, our firm has earned the respect of individuals, families, and businesses throughout the area because our lawyers are:
- Strategic advisers — Regardless of whether you’re developing an estate plan or deciding if you should file or respond to a lawsuit, you should have as much relevant information as possible before you make a move. You can rely on us to outline your options and discuss the potential consequences associated with each choice. Once you’ve determined how to proceed, we plan a course of action designed to achieve your goals.
- Skillful negotiators — Our legal background and intense preparation serves clients well during settlement negotiations and other proceedings where it is critical to have a thorough understanding of the facts and legal standards.
- Accomplished trial advocates — Most disputes where we represent parties are resolved through settlement discussions, mediation, or arbitration. Sometimes, litigation is the most likely route to a favorable outcome and we are seasoned trial advocates who present strong arguments in court.
No matter what legal challenge you bring to us, we are determined to find the optimal solution while demonstrating the highest levels of efficiency and professionalism.
Skillful counselors assist with California probate, trust and fire damage issues
We handle a wide range of legal matters relating to:
- Estate planning — For all types of estate planning concerns, including the creation of wills, trusts, and powers of attorney, you can rely on us. We can answer your questions and frequently assist with advanced estate planning for high net worth clients and others with complex needs, such as developing a framework for business succession.
- Probate and trust administration — If you require legal support for probate or trust administration, our attorneys will guide you through the necessary duties and procedures.
- Estate and trust litigation — When disputes over fiduciary duties, undue influence, or other issues occur, we advocate on behalf of executors, trustees, heirs, and beneficiaries in trust and estate litigation.
- Real estate — Our attorneys provide sound advice on commercial and residential real estate issues, including transactional, landlord-tenant, title, easement, and boundary disputes. Should a real property dispute arise, we will explain the potential advantages and drawbacks of litigation and other methods of dispute resolution. Where litigation is warranted on your behalf or initiated against you, we will prosecute and/or defend you.
- Civil litigation — As experienced civil litigators, we represent parties in numerous types of disputes, such as cases stemming from construction defects, disagreements over agricultural matters, personal injury claims, breaches of contract, and real property disputes.
- Fire damage claims — Insurance companies are sometimes reluctant to honor their responsibility in fire damage claims. Our firm takes on carriers so that policyholders can obtain the payment they’re entitled to after a harmful blaze.
We provide personalized counsel in every case and aim to serve as your trusted advisers even after your current situation is resolved.
Contact an accomplished attorney to schedule a consultation
Penrose Chun & Gorman LLP advises California clients on estate planning, probate, real estate and civil litigation matters. To make an appointment , please call 831-278-4466 or contact us online.